Pre and Post Surgery
1 in 11 women in their lifetime in Australia have pelvic surgery.
- Prolapse repair
- Incontinence procedures
- Bowel surgery
At The pelvic floor clinic all of our physiotherapists are specifically trained to help you to prepare and recover from your surgery. The advice and treatment we offer can both promote good pelvic and general health and prevent recurrence of prolapse or leakage in the future.
- Ensure you know how to activate your pelvic floor muscles correctly and give individualised training regimes.
- Help you manage any pre or post operative bladder or bowel issues.
- Advise you regarding the modification of daily activities to reduce pressure placed down through the pelvic region so as to protect the surgical site.
- Teach good bladder and bowel habits to including correct toilet posture and emptying techniques.
- Help ensure comfortable return to intercourse post surgery.
- Provide a clear guide regarding do’s and don’t’s and safe activity levels in the early weeks and months post surgery